- She is the least read among her sibling but she gave and sacrificed all to help 2 out of 4 of her siblings to become graduates. She did this through salary she got has a house girl sleeping under the stair-case when she arrived Lagos.
- She had been a victim of love before she met my father the love of her life. She got married in court to a man who needed certificate of marriage to get a visa to travel without knowing it.
- She learned knitting in her twenties reluctantly because her grandfather told to. Knitting paid our school fees after my father died.
- She was a devoted catholic before she turned Pentecostal Apostolic. My mum has a deep love for her catholic background and became Pentecostal Apostolic because of the love and care my God father and Mother; Pastor (DR) M.F. Olumbo showed her after her purported husband escaped.
- My mum washed toilet as a service to God when she was barren. My mum has to wait 8 years after her first issue. I was told she cried because she was scorned by many for having 8 years delay. Infact, she was almost raped by an elder in church and another elder proposed extramarital affair to help her out of her challenge. She conceived after many prayers and cleaning the church toilets.
- My mum got married to my father as a celestial member but with consistent good character and attitude it took my father 14 years to get converted to Pentecostal Apostolic. No wonder the sight of incense, candle and Miss Paris was frequent in our house while I was growing up.
- My mum is a wonderful entrepreneur. She has always been a successful entrepreneur even when she was working at John Holt plc. She sold bread, made sweaters, sold pure-water, made Ice-cream and tasty-time.
- My mum had died but prayer brought her back to life. My mum after her surgical operation on hemorrhage, she died but the family gathered round her and prayed. This was the days I learned about effective and effectual prayers that change things. She woke up and she narrated her experience in the after world(mind you not heaven). This was one of the things that made faith a value to me till today. We are a family whose faith has been proven several times through dangerous events.
- My mum still miss her mother that died over 50 years ago. It amaze me and I wonder what tie exist between my mother and her mum that makes her emotional about her mother when she talks about her mother 50 years plus after she died.
It pays to serve Jesus, I speak from my heart,
He’ll always be with us if we do our part,
There’s naught in this wide world can pleasure afford,
There’s peace and contentment in serving the Lord.
I’ll love him far better than in days of yore
I’ll serve him more truly than ever before
I’ll do as he bids me whatever the cost
I’ll be a true soldier; I’ll die at my post.
Mother I love you so much, thank you for was forgiving and giving. Thank you for showing me God. Thank you for teaching values. Thank you for nor always wanting nothing but always giving all of you. You are MY goddess. I love Adenike, the wife of Akinnike, you are my inspiration, you are a queen now the king’s mother. My goddess, happy 65th birthday.